Sunday, July 8, 2012

PaPa-PaParazzi

Cameron's family came into town the night of the 4th to spend a couple of days with us before heading off to Lake Tahoe. We didn't do anything spectacular because we all got head colds. Fun. But lucky for us, Cameron's parents wanted to see us enough to put up with our coughing and sneezing. And like the great people they are, they took my two loverly children with them when they left for Tahoe. The girls were so excited and so was I! Cameron was able be here for most of their visit but was called to sit reserve (TDY is the fancy airline name for it) in Los Angeles. He left at 1pm and wouldn't be able to go to his hotel until he got "off" reserve at 9pm. I figured that since his family was going to be leaving early the next morning that I should fly out to LA and spend Friday night and all day Saturday with him. Again, because they are so great, they were more then happy to let me go. So that's what I did. I caught a flight that landed me in LA at 8:55pm so that we could catch the hotel shuttle together. Perfect. This is the hotel that Cameron get paid to stay at and have a little get-a-way with his wife:


The room decor was modern but the building was old. It was very nice. We didn't know how nice until Saturday night when we were waiting for my airport shuttle. But before all that, the hotel was about 2 miles from the beach and I couldn't be that close and not go. We got our walking shoes on and walked to Dockweiler Beach. We got there and we ate some lunch while watching the waves and getting a little more sun then we intended. I always forget that you can get burnt through clouds. We went to the wash station to wash the sand off our feet. There's two buttons, one for the shower and one for the foot rinse. Well, I wasn't paying close enough attention and I pushed the shower button as Cameron was standing underneath. I can't tell you how funny it was. Oh man, it was great. Not only because he got wet but because I did it on accident and he knows it so he can't retaliate. Anyone who knows Cam know that he loves to get people back. Not this time. He had plenty of time to dry off on our walk back. We went back up to our room all tuckered out and fell asleep watching MythBusters. That show's so cool. We went down to the lobby to wait for the shuttle back to LAX. Man, were we under dressed, or should I say "overly" dressed. It was something off of BET or some music video. 
It looked like some rapper was having a private party. These are not actual pictures but they could have been.


Heck, if I knew any of these people in these pictures they very well could have been there. There were girls showing up in nothing but metallic bikini tops and short skirts with 5 inch heels on, Mercedes, Range Rovers and even a Ferrari rolling around in the valet parking. I guess when you think of a typical LA private party this would have been it. It was so funny to watch all these people come and go in the lobby, try and pick up girls and looking for their "boys". I can't do it justice. It was the most entertaining 15 minutes I've had in a while. I got into the shuttle with a couple from New Zealand and as soon as the door closed we looked at each other like, "did we really just see all that?" You just kept waiting for paparazzi to pop out some where. All this was going down in the lobby and we could have been people watching that whole time! haha It was a really great mini vacation for us and even better because it was all paid for!
 Now the girls are in Tahoe with Grandma and Grandpa and Cameron's still in LA. It really is nice to have absolute peace and quite some times. I hope everyone enjoys their Sunday afternoon because I am sure going to enjoy mine!

2 comments:

MaggieJo said...

wow! that is a pretty sweet deal. Glad you got to get away, get cam soaked and watch a party. oh and have some peace.

The Jones Family said...

It went through my mind, "Hey, I could have come to visit you!" But I forgot- No, I live in Alabama now... lol.