Saturday, May 26, 2012

The Curse of Potty Training

 I found this is my "draft" box. Oh the good ol' days. Atleast I can laugh at this now. And I did.

We've tried everything, or so it seems, and for a while it seemed to be going well. Then this week came along. I'd like to just throw it away and start over but unfortunately they don't let you do that. It started with Breanne making a great first impression with the nursery leader by wetting her pants. Now, I blame myself mostly for this one because I couldn't figure out how to take Breanne to the bathroom and hold Kaitlyn at the same time. We were at a new ward and I didn't feel comfortable asking a complete stranger to hold my 6 month old. So I took a risk and obviously lost. Then, on Monday, she woke up and found Cameron in the bathroom in the shower and felt that she couldn't go in so Cameron comes out of the shower to find Breanne changing her own wet underwear and I think she pooped her underwear that day to, they're all starting to blend together. Tuesday she did well in the morning. She woke up went potty and then we took her to grandma's house and she ended up pooping in her underwear there! Wednesday, today, it started out fine again but come noon time she wet her underwear again. Now, I know what some of you might be thinking "this is all part of potty training". But we've already been through this! She hadn't had an accident in her underwear in a few weeks besides pooping in them every couple of days, but even then she pooped in the toilet all by herself. I thought that we we're really getting some where. Apparently we have to start back at 1. so between cleaning up wet or poopy underwear and Kaitlyn spitting up (more like throwing up) on the carpet every time she rolls over, not to mention that I can't get either one of them to sleep today, I feel like I just might lose it today...just might.
Anyway, the whole reason that I was writing this was to show my next idea in the potty training adventure. I made a chart that she'll get to put stickers on if she goes potty and poop in the toilet and if she does pretty well the whole week then we'll get to have some kind of "party" at the end of the week. I don't know if it will work. I've tried punishing her for going in her underwear and that hasn't seemed to work too well. I've tried giving treats after every time she goes, but that has only led to her deciding that she really doesn't need that treat so she doesn't need to go in the toilet. I think this might be the last idea I have. If it doesn't work I just may give up, okay, I won't but I don't know what else I'll do. I desperately need more ideas in case this one fails. HELP!

2 comments:

Sam Ames said...

This made me smile. (probably because I have yet to potty train a child) but I think it's another great little memory tucked away in your blog. And it means I can come to you one day, when my kid keeps pooping their pants :)

MaggieJo said...

Haha, this would be funnier to me if I wasn't staring the potty training fun right in the face. Blah, it takes me a good 6 months to mentally work up to potty training for me. I've been preparing for 4 I think so I'm almost there.