So Breanne turned two in may and I've been thinking that it's about time she got out of diapers. She, apparently, has other plans. But as I thought about why she should want to be potty trained I find myself siding with her. Why in the world would a small child want to take time out of their "busy" day and run to the bathroom every 20-30 mins. I have to go to the bathroom every hour, atleast, and I find that burdensome. It's going better then it ever has, as far as the potty training goes, but she still isn't sold on the idea. I guess I'm not really either otherwise I'd be more firm in my efforts. I bought her "big girl underwear" and put that on her thinking that she'd realize that wetting your pants is no fun. Yeah, that didn't seem to hit her. In the first 5 mins of having the underwear on she pooped in it and didn't even care. The only reason I found out was the smell. Luckily she hadn't sat down...eww. After that I just let her run naked all day. That went better. Then later in the afternoon we tried the underwear again. She peed on the carpet, and again, didn't say a word. She rubbed up against me and I felt something wet. Oh my goodness! How do you not care that your walking around with we saggy underwear? Oh well, she'll come around some day. Probably not before her sister comes, but when you're changing that many diapers for a newborn what's one more.....right? We'll keep trying but for the most part I'll just let her decided when she wants to abandon the diapers. Unless she decides she wants to wait until she's 3 or 4 or 20. That's where I'll draw the line...
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Potty Training. What is the point of it all?
So Breanne turned two in may and I've been thinking that it's about time she got out of diapers. She, apparently, has other plans. But as I thought about why she should want to be potty trained I find myself siding with her. Why in the world would a small child want to take time out of their "busy" day and run to the bathroom every 20-30 mins. I have to go to the bathroom every hour, atleast, and I find that burdensome. It's going better then it ever has, as far as the potty training goes, but she still isn't sold on the idea. I guess I'm not really either otherwise I'd be more firm in my efforts. I bought her "big girl underwear" and put that on her thinking that she'd realize that wetting your pants is no fun. Yeah, that didn't seem to hit her. In the first 5 mins of having the underwear on she pooped in it and didn't even care. The only reason I found out was the smell. Luckily she hadn't sat down...eww. After that I just let her run naked all day. That went better. Then later in the afternoon we tried the underwear again. She peed on the carpet, and again, didn't say a word. She rubbed up against me and I felt something wet. Oh my goodness! How do you not care that your walking around with we saggy underwear? Oh well, she'll come around some day. Probably not before her sister comes, but when you're changing that many diapers for a newborn what's one more.....right? We'll keep trying but for the most part I'll just let her decided when she wants to abandon the diapers. Unless she decides she wants to wait until she's 3 or 4 or 20. That's where I'll draw the line...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
it'll happen - don't worry about it. the twins are 2 and a half and still not anywhere close. jameia has them use the potty before they go to bed at night. if they go they get a treat. and she puts big girl underwear over sammy's diapers. other than that they basically still are dependent on the diaper. i'm glad your sisters are happy. the weddings sounded great!
Everyone I know is complaining about potty training right now. So this was really funny. Congrats on having another girl on the way. Girls are so fun aren't they? But I can tell you boys are great too!
So, I think its interesting how people used to think we were sisters and say we looked alike. Do you remember that? Well I thought of it because I think that your daughter looks a lot like Rachel, or rather I think that Rachel will look like that when she gets to that age. I can see a lot of similarity in their faces. What do you think?
Post a Comment