Monday, November 7, 2011

A Child's Point of View

These pictures are from our recent trip to Utah. My old roommate, Sarah, got married in the Draper Temple on the 3rd. It was REALLY windy that day so I didn't get any pictures of them coming out of the temple :( but Breanne decided while we were visiting temple square in between the luncheon and the recpetion that she was going to be in charge of the picture taking. It was fine with me. I got to talk to people and she was occupied. Win-win. So enjoy these pictures from a child's eye.


Okay, I took this one

Her first picture. The Christos in the Salt Lake Temple Visitior's Center

Salt Lake Temple


This is a "We are soooo cold. Hurry and take the picture!" picture.

This writing is on every temple. Very cool.

Angel Moroni


She liked taking pictures of pictures.

They had this cool model of the Salt Lake Temple. I don't know if this is how it's currently set up or when it was first built. I've never been inside to see, but I did hear one of the tour guides say that the Celestal Room looks pretty much the same as when it was built in 1893.




Obviously she didn't take this one either.

Conference Center. This is where the church holds General Conference twice a year.

Model of what Jerusalem looked like A.D. 33

Reception time with the Hansen's and the Sypher's. The little boy closest to the camera is Patrick. They haven't seen eachother since they were 3 or something but I think the betrothal is still on. Yes?

The reception center was georgeous!


Welcome to the kid's table

David and his Daddy, Chad. I think he looks like a mini me.


Breanne wanted so badly to get a picture of the bride. You don't even know how many blurry or bad shots we erased.

Finally she got Sarah's attention and she started posing for her.

Kate. Another roommate. People do the best poses for kids. Love this one.

All the old roomies, minus 2. Sandy and Anna you were missed.

Classic Chad.

Maggie and baby Jesse

Having hot chocolate at the reception was the best idea ever.

I look scary and kaity looks bored.

Vida and Daxton

Beautiful Bride, Sarah



Taking a break from our drive back home at the St. George Temple.

Another Christos in the St. George Visitor's Center

More pictures of pictures. These are from inside the temple.

The Celestal Room. Georgeous, yes?

The Garden Room

Baptismal Font

Joseph Smith. The Prophet of the Restoration.

Christ teaching in the temple as a boy.

Jerusalem

Great picture. I couldn't have taken a better one myself.


She wanted one of the roses. Too bad the garbage can was right there.

She was still at it after we got home. At this point I was almost ready to take it away.

Ginger was the most cooperative, I guess, because there are a billion and a half pictures of the dog.

The beautiful girl behind the camera.



We had a great trip and really appreciate the hospitality of the Hansen family. I'm glad we were able to spend time with you! And to the Mrs. Sarah Whitelock (hehe) I'm so very glad we made the trip up to see you and meet your husband. I wish you both the best!!! Hopefully, I'll live closer you all you Utards so we can see more of eachother then every 2-3 years.

2 comments:

MaggieJo said...

We had a good time also. Betrothal still on:) Tell Bre I love all the pictures and next time we need family pictures that I need her to take them.

Say said...

Nicole! I just found your adorable blog! I love reading about your family and seeing how you are doing! You continue to amaze me with your faith and courage! You are an incredible mother and wife! You're girls are darling! I just love you! Thank you so much for taking the time to come to my wedding! It meant the world to me that you were there! Thanks for being such an amazing friend all these years! I love you and your little family!!!