Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Busy Month of May

So the month of May is full of celebrations for our family. I already posted about Bre's birthday but after that was Mother's day
Cameron managed to buy me beautiful flowers and get them home on his motorcycle without destroying them. The girls gave me cards and Cam had them draw in them to put on their personal touches. He doesn't get much alone time with the girls so the only time he could think to do it was at my softball game. When we went out on the field he would pull out the markers. When we got back into the car after the game Breanne was acting really weird and kept trying to tell cam a secret. I had no idea what was going on, but the next morning Cam was getting ready for work and Breanne comes to me and tells me that she made me a Christmas card yesterday. I'm really confused for about half a second when it dawns on me.
"Breanne, you weren't suppose to tell me that!"
"Do you want me to show you?"
"No, Bre, you'll show me tomorrow."
It was pretty cute. I kept it a secret from Cam until after they had given me the cards.

A few days after Mother's Day was my birthday. Cameron was able to take the day off (amazingly) and take me to the beach like I had asked.
The weather wasn't real great and we all ended up kinda cold so my day at the beach was cut short to an afternoon but it was still nice to get out and do something together. Later that evening they took me out to dinner.
Breanne being cold. I guess she never warmed up after leaving the beach. But as we say, she could be in the middle of the desert and be cold. Been there, done that.
Kaity and Daddy sharing a fry.

And I had to post this last one because the sharing of the fry reminded me of him and Bre sharing a shake. I think it's so sweet how much they love their Daddy and how they have him wrapped around their little fingers.
May has a lot going on and June doesn't slow down too much because it's Cameron's birthday on the 18th and Father's day on the 20th. But I did enjoy all the celebrating and I'm glad that I got to spend it all with my family.

P.S.-We just had the cake for my birthday last night. It's okay to drag a birthday out a few days, right?

3 comments:

MaggieJo said...

totally missed your birthday!Happy Birthday anyways! I miss you and wish I could have celebrated with you.

Sam Ames said...

Yay! I am glad that Cam was able to get the day off, and you got your birthday wish and went to the beach! The girls are so cute! I love the pics of them sharing a fry and shake with Cameron! So cute!

The Jones Family said...

That's so odd that Cam's birthday is near Father's Day and yours is near Mother's Day! I'm so glad that you enjoyed the month of May and that I was able to be a part of it!