Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Disneyland trip

well, we have been back from Disneyland for over a week now and a few people are starting to get pushy for a new post (ahem, Maggie).
We left for Disneyland EARLY Saturday morning, like at 5 am, and drove the whole way (20 hours or something crazy like that). The craziest part of it thought is that we didn't even know we were going until Thursday night. We get a phone call from Cameron's parents asking if we wanted to go. Well, of course! Like we'd turn down a vaca to Disneyland. SO we packed feverishly, as I'm sure his parents were doing also, and we were on our way.
They rented this nice vacation home that was only a few minutes drive from the park so it was nice not to have to live in a hotel room for 2 weeks.
Our first day at the park was Monday and I think the adults were more excited then the kids. At least the little kids. We had a six day pass to Disneyland and California Adventure so we took our time doing all the rides we wanted and seeing everything that we wanted. Breanne, her cousin Austin and Aunt Katrina got to go see all the characters and princesses. I think this was Bre's favorite part, other then riding the flying dumbos. The first character that she got to meet was Mickey, how perfect huh? We were going to see Minnie first but she had a huge line in front of her house so we decided that we had many more days here to do the character thing so we'd just wait and walk through Mickey's house instead. We didn't know that he was in the back. We walked through and we got to his "movie barn" where you just stood in a line sort of thing and watched some old mickey movies. They took people out of the room in little groups and when it was our turn as we were walking down the hall the person says, "alright, lets go meet Mickey". We walked in to see mickey and I wish I could have captured the look on Breanne face. She walked up to him and said, "hi mickey" in the sweetest little girl voice ever!
Let me tell you, it's fun to go on the rides and stuff, but to take your kids to see all their favorite characters is so much better then that! The last day we were at Disneyland we went around to all of them. The kids had such a great time.
California Adventure is a blast. They have bigger rides then at Disneyland, with bigger thrills. I'm not much of a thrill seeker, myself, but Cameron loves those kinds of rides. He and a few other people went on the maliboomer which shot you up 180 feet in the air and the Tower of terror which dropped you 3-4 times. I had decided to try every ride because I didn't want to miss out on anything. I didn't like the being shot up, but I didn't like being dropped even more! I made Cameron tell me everything about the tower of terror so I could adequately prepare myself. It seems there was a bit of a communication break down. The way he described everything it made it sound like there was 2 seperate drops. The first on was short and the second one was the big one. So we got on and the people working the rides were acting strange, which made it add to the whole suspense of things. Were sitting it an old elevator shaft and the rides starts going through what happened one night at the holleywood hotel (kind of a twilight zone thing) and after it shows that then the first drop is suppose to happen. Cameron told me it ws coming up and sqeezed my leg right before it happened so I thought I was prepared. Oh my goodness! It drops us the first time and it was scary. THEN, it brings us back up a little ways and drops you again! I was really getting scared, not just fun scared. THEN, it brings you up and I thought for sure that this had to be the end of the first drop because the ride kept going and the big drop came at the end, at least this is what was suppose to happen in my mind. that didn't happen. I look up and what do I see? The whole park from the top of the tower. At this point it takes your picture and I have this terrified look on my face because in my mind I was thinking "oh crap!". It did the final drop from the very top and I think that was it. It just seemed like it dropped us over and over and over again. After it stops everyone is starting to get out and I look at Cameron and all I can say to him is "you lied to me". I had all this adrenaline going and was so scared that I had tears in my eyes! I really hate those rides, REALLY! Like I said, communication break down. He thought he had explained it pretty well to me. But atleast I can say that I did it, right?
It was a really fun trip and to top it off I got to see Rachel and Dane, who I haven't got to see for a while. I totally want to go back with Cameron and the girls when they're older when they can go on all the rides. Kaitlyn went on almost all the rides that Breanne went on and didn't cry once. She cried in line, screamed even, but once we got on the ride she was happy as a clam.
One of our off days we got to go to huntington beach and spend a coupld hours there. It was nice to see the ocean.
We're having slight troubles with our computer downloading our pictures so I'll have to post a seperate post with all the pictures.

3 comments:

MaggieJo said...

I'm so jealous, I love those drop rides! But alas, I'm pregnant and can't do anything fun for awhile. And thanks for the post!

Glo Flo said...

Sounds like fun! WE had a blast as well when we were there. Did you see the Bugs Life at California Adventure? Glad you guys had fun, we will be in California in two weeks for our Knotts Berry Farm trip!!

Melissa said...

you are such a chicken, you cried and screamed at the corn maze too!haha