Monday, January 5, 2009

Christmas, New Years, New place?

I posted pictures from Christmas Eve, but like some of my friends, I also forgot to take pictures of Christmas morning. We spent it with Cameron's family and Christmas morning there is an ALL day event. They usually stay up VERY late (or early) setting up presents that Santa brought and firguring out stockings. I don't think that his parents went to bed until 7 am. Crazy! I went to bed not too long after Breanne because I knew that one of us would have to get up with the kids, plus I don't do late nights very well anymore. So my kids owke up about 8 and we sent Breanne upstairs with the rest of the kids who were still sleeping. We didn't even start opening presents until 10:30 or so and Breanne was getting tired so it wasn't as fun as I hoped it would be for her. She had been talking about santa bringing her a stroller and a baby for a few weeks and when she finally opened it she just wanted to see what everyone else had. Oh well. She had a ton of fun any way. We had pie for breakfast, or lunch, but luckily brother-in-law, mike made breakfast sandwiches first. I just haven't gotten use to that tradition yet, but it sure is a hit. Then after digesting pie and candy and everything else we opened family presents. Like I said, an all day event. By the time dinner time rolls around everyone is basically too tired and we had Turkey sandwiches, like you would have the day after thanksgiving, with all the fixin's. I was totally down with those!

New Years was a relaxed time because once again we were hit with a cold bug! We stayed home with just our little family, put Kaitlyn to bed her usual time, and Breanne, Cameron and I watched Kung Fu Panda which was so cute. After that Breanne went to bed around 10 (we knew that she would try desperately to stay up to 12), Cameron and I watched Hancock (pretty good), Kaitlyn woke up at 11:45 so we were feeding a baby during new years and didn't get to watch fireworks on T.V. It was fun to stay up with Bre though. We had a good time.
Now with the new year beginning we are moving into a new house. It needed lots of work, but after the three days of painting, cleaning, and mouse hunting I think that it's livable enough for us to start moving our stuff in. We're running a bit of an experiment with the mice though. We don't know if they're still there so tonight we left a couple chips on the kitchen floor. We'll go back tomorrow and see if they've been nibbled on or stolen. We bought rat poison so hopefully that will do the trick. Other then that I think it's a go. The rent is right (practically free) and the lease is perfect (none). We hope this year has started well for everyone and we really hope that the beginning of this year brings the end of job searching for us!!!

2 comments:

Sam Ames said...

I missed having pie for breakfast! Sounds like it was a crazy Christmas this year! Wish I could have been there! We miss you guys!

MaggieJo said...

When are we going to get pictures of the place?